OUR NEXT MEETING

OUR NEXT MEETING

17 JULY 2012

7:00pm

Grand Bluewave Hotel, Johor Bahru




Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Good Speech & A Good Listener

A good speech:

  • is well remembered, even after one year.
  • is to the point and not confusing.
  • is personal and the audience can relate to the speech.
  • makes the audience want to hear more.

--------------------------

We all love to hear a good speech. We all love to talk.

We learn how to do public speaking, but are we good communicators? Do we know how to relate to others and hold a conversation?

The art of LISTENING.

How well do we listen to others?

I am guilty of the fact that I am a poor listerner. I have unconciously, along the years, obtained the habit of hearing but not listening. My eyes dart from right to left, distracted by the surroundings when someone is talking to me,.

I have to conciously make the effort to pull back my sight and focus on the person talking - and I wonder when will I ever be able to concentrate and focus.

What about you? Do you hear or do you listen?

-----------------

Charlotte Goh

No comments:

Post a Comment